Matching Your Values
with People to Love
At Family Promise we have always thought of our supporters as family. We truly could not rescue so many children and parents from homelessness each year without your loving support.
There are many “love” languages. When you include Family Promise in your will, estate plan, or other planned gifts, you:
Speak a language of compassion for vulnerable children and families.
Translate your deeply-held values into empowering change.
Commit to the mission of providing emergency shelter and related social services for families with children (and pets).
Team up with fellow donors, our board of directors, volunteers, and staff who walk alongside our families on their journey… one that started with the hardest step of all — asking for help. Their journey reaches its peak when they move into a home of their own
Diversify the footprint you leave in this world.
Quite simply, you pay us the ultimate compliment.
Your planned giving tells us that Family Promise is part of YOUR family! It is the ultimate expression of devotion and trust. We couldn’t be more honored.
“What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ” – Albert Pine
For most donors, giving is so much more than just writing a check or making a gift online. It is my honor to learn about their interesting and intimate connections to Family Promise and other charities.
I get to learn about what matters most to them and the people, plus often the God, and the valley and mountaintop experiences that shaped them.
Questions? Want help shaping your legacy?
Be assured of privacy and confidentiality.
Keith Kerber, Director of Charitable Giving
(480) 795-5363 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Giving appreciated securities can be a strategic way to give from assets, maintain cash flow and receive favorable tax benefits… all while helping children and families to escape homelessness. If you have held appreciated securities for at least one year, you can:
- Transfer your appreciated securities to Family Promise… you choose the amount
- Qualify for a tax deduction for their market value
- Pay NO capital gains taxes when transferred to Family Promise
To discuss, contact Keith Kerber, Director of Charitable Giving: (480) 795-5363; email@example.com
Ready to transfer securities to Family Promise of Greater Phoenix?
Contact your financial manager and provide the following information along with the amount you’d like to transfer:
- DTC # 0062 (Vanguard Brokerage Services)
- Acct #: 63731034
- Name on Account: Family Promise-Greater Phoenix
- Please be sure your name and address are provided so we may acknowledge your gift and provide you with a tax receipt.
- Family Promise’s Federal Tax ID #: 52-1591461
Giving from your Donor Advised Fund
Matching gifts through your Employer
Many employers offer programs to match their employees’ contributions to charitable organizations. You can double or even triple your gift to Family Promise by completing your employer’s form and submitting the receipt for your gift.
Contact us to find out if your company matches gifts. And please send us a copy of your matching form so we’ll know to look for the company match. Forms can also be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The most common estate gift is a bequest. It can be accomplished by adding some simple wording to your will. You can leave Family Promise a specific portion, a percentage or a remaining portion of your estate.
- Sample bequest language can be found below. Simply copy and paste the language then be sure to get it notarized.
- Make Family Promise a beneficiary of a life insurance policy — This is a simple way to give to Family Promise. We can be the sole beneficiary or one of several organizations close to your heart.
- Make Family Promise a POD (point of death) beneficiary of your checking, savings, CD account
Advantage: A simple statement is submitted to the account holder. This method typically avoids probate process.
Charitable Gift Annuity
These vehicles provide income to you during your life and leave the remaining principal to Family Promise.
These estate vehicles require professional legal help, but typically give to the charity during the donor’s lifetime and then for a:
- Lead Trust — leaves residual to family
- Remainder Trust — pays out to donor/trustee and leave residual with the charity(ies) of record
To confidentially discuss ultimate giving options or ideas, please contact Keith Kerber at (480) 795-5363 or email@example.com
Your privacy will always be honored